The story of #PyariMona revolves around the main lead Mona, an overachiever, strong and courageous girl who excels in everything she does but, being a plus-sized person, Mona has to face challenges, problems, provocations and taunts just because she doesn’t meet the conventional standards of beauty set by our society. The serial highlights body shamming, bullying, harassment and its social and mental implications on the victim in a society with unrealistic expectations from women and stringent standards of beauty. Pyari Mona is an unconventional and interesting story of Mona as she navigates through her life. Written by Haseeb Ahmed, directed by Ali Hassan and produced under the banner of Momina Duraid Productions, the serial also features Mashal Khan, Adnan Jafer, Muhammad Hunbal, Naureen Mumtaz, Uzma Baig, Shaheen Khan and others.
Will Mona conquer the hurdles or succumb to the rules and standards set by society? Follow the story of Mona every Thursday at 8 pm on HUM TV to find out.
[Source: Hum TV’s official Youtube Channel]
Pyari Mona Episode 4 Written Update and Review
1. Babar calls Yawar and tells him that Mona has started liking Yawar and invited Yawar home. Some lies this macha tells. Yawar doesn’t fall for it, though. He has decided to spend the time with his son Saim, and that’s what he is determined to do.
To our surprise, he runs into Mona and Ayan in the park. Saim gets hurt and Mona is affectionate and helping and friendly as usual. Yawar and Mona finally get rid of the awkwardness and become friends.
2. Samia tells Mona that she wants to see a therapist. She tells her about her insecurities, the pressured life she has spent, how she unknowingly pushed Mona away.
3. Mona gets an interview call from Lahore and leaves. Irfan, on the other hand, is headed to Karachi to meet Mona’s crazy family. Khalid picks up Ifran from the airport. Their conversation was light-headed and fun. I liked Khalid’s sense of humour.
4. Babar and Shaista treat Yawar as if he is a peytoo who is there to eat. Babar repeatedly fills Yawar’s plate. I liked how Khalid subtly told the duo (Babar and Shaista) to cool off.
Later, Shaista shows off her cars to Irfan, not so subtly . Expensive vacations, designer bags are important for her, but Irfan has a befitting reply.
“Mona has everything except family,” he tells Shaista.
Babar has a different angle to tackle this. He tells Irfan that Yawar and Mona are engaged. The little banter was also fun.
5. Mona runs into two young boys who mock her weight, her age, her scooty. This is the first time she is feeling insecure. The bulyying is getting to her. She is so upset that she instinctively calls Samia. Mona is her most vulnerable self. And I feel for her. #relatable
6. Khalid also drops Ifran to the airport. These two men are the best.
7. Irfan comes back to Lahore and directly to Mona’s house. He runs into Yawar, and he isn’t pleased. He pesters Mona about her reasons of being upset. Mona doesn’t tell him, though.
Now, we wait for more fun and more bullying in the next episode.
Irfan seeing off his mother before taking the flight for Karachi was fun.
I like how fiercely loyal Irfan is. Even though he knows that the proposal was just Mona’s prank to irritate her family, he takes a stand for his friend almost as if he really wants to marry Mona. Zabardast kirdaar, I wike him.
The OST is growing up on me. In the first episode, I felt that it was too loud, but I have started to like it, and even hum it during the day. Slow poison, hmmm….
Sar pe merey hai ab khulaa aasmaan…
And, this is the 5050th post on my blog. Isn’t that crazy?
Like this post? Show some love!
Buy Me Tea