Before We Begin
Runaway Brides is a 2014 Turkish drama that I stmbled upon in last week of January 2023. This isn’t much of a review but more of a recap and my thoughts on each episode.
Runaway Brides Episode 2 Written Review & Update
Since this is aguilty pleasure and I don’t intend to write very many review bits, let’s resort to good ol’ bullet list, shall we?
1. So, now the three girls are at a nice mansion. They drink and get wasted and bond over the drink.
2. Memo the kid who delivers food is trying to get a scoop of this story of the three brides.
3. Both Kainat and Almilla set about exploring the city. Tourist moments.
4. Kainat runs into the photographer and witnesses a public proposal. They dance together. Later, she runs into Ege and leaves Can behind. Ege is out for a shoot and the director hires Kainat as a wedding outfits model.
Kainat also auditions.
5. Almilla runs into the same guy from the airport. He introduces himself as Akif. Later, she gets sick, allergy of some kind, and her lips get swollen, not a pretty look.
6. Sebnem meets Arda and his friend Selim (the same guy who got the cab). I like how Sebnem holds out her hand expecting the guys to lend their hand for support. Talk about priviledge. Nice scene as Selim and Sebnem bicker with each other. Our fiesty heroine doesn’t back down. She declares war. Later, she watches Arda from a distance.
7. The coffee shop owner Mufit brings heat he wants because he knows what his customers need. Awesome!
8. Finally Can tells them to come for am interview and shut up the world. On a condition: be dressed as brides.
9. “No way”! Kainat says.
10. The scene cuts to them in the studio earing their bridal outfits.
11. The interview was horrible, the host was determined to insult these brides. Even though Sebnem is on fire, things spiral down.
12. Sebnem gets her cards cancelled by her parents, Husnu breaks up with Almilla on a call and Kaynats mother disowns her.
13. And, Kadir Kasap threatens Kainat. The worst has happened.
And this is the perfect way to end the episode. I’m still hooked, so stay tuned for the next episode.
Until next review, please check out my books on Amazon.
Like this post? Show some love!
Buy Me Tea