For previous episode reviews, please check the archives.
Plot Summary & Commentary
Alright, the last episode is here.
Momina and master Ibrahim are confronting, revealing the secrets we didn’t know about.
We see Abdul Alaa for one last time as Master Ibrahim tells Momina how he married Husn-e-Jahan aka Husna.
توبہ کے دروازے پر کسی ایک کا نام نہیں لکھا ہوتا۔
Even though he finds the reality about Husn-e-Jahan, he never admits the same to Abdul Alaa.
Qalb-e-Momin reads all the letters that Husn-e-Jahan has written to Sultan.
Now, everybody knows everything. The last piece is that Qalb-e-Momin meets master Ibrahim. Momina and him go to master Ibrahim’s house, only to find out that he has passed away the previous day.
He has left the house to Momina and a letter for Qalb-e-Momin and other stuff that Husn-e-Jahan had left.
Qalb-e-Momin rewrites the movie’s script. The movie is a roaring success. Despite his promise to stay if the film succeeded, he decides to leave for Turkey. And then, he asks her to come along. She refuses, quoting Rumi.
And, together they weep.
The episode ends as Momin and Momina both are seen doing what they know the best – writing Allah Ka naam.
I loved this novel and I immensely liked this drama. There are a lot of great things I liked and a couple of things that bothered me.
Let’s get to it, shall we?
Not so good
- This drama does rely on a lot of coincidences. Every main character is closely related to the other.
- There was no consistency in Momina’s portrayal. Sometimes she’s wrapped in dupatta around her, sometimes she does not have dupatta at all. And, no. Don’t tell me that she is a heroine. I am talking about when she’s at home.
- Question: why does she address him as ‘tum’ and he addresses her as ‘aap’?
- The line “tumhara naam Qalb-e-Momin hai” is overused.
Oh So Great
- Umera doesn’t surprise me and she ends the drama just the way it ended in the novel.
- I like that every character makes an appearance in the last episode.
- I loved the romance. Neither admits their feelings. It is just conveyed through their eyes and little acts of taking care of each other. Lovely!
It is not just end of a drama. It is end of a phenomenon. Alif has been the most sought after review and has brought the most traffic.
So long. Of to review Deewar-e-Shab Episode 39.